1.3

I bought 6 Champanel grapevines from Willis Orchards, after being directed to it's Company from Bing.com where it said Champanel Grape Vine [Seedless Bunch Grape Vines] Willis...

What came to me were 4 vines of average size and 2 vines that were of much smaller size. The two remained behind in size as it took one year for all of these to adapt to my soil before 4 of them produced a motley Sad amount of grapes; many being removed because of the black rot around the stem.

Yet my focus was and remains on the fact that the few that graced my bowl were a slip skin, containing also a none edible sack containing 3 seeds each! Not at all a grape suitable for table eating. The slight juice about as much as you'd see in killing a bug, was very musky, tannic and muscadine tasting. We don't drink, and we can't eat any of the grape cause they hurt the mouth.

I now can either yank these out of the ground, or find a table grape graft for them after chopping them down to the base! This Company used false advertisement to move these wild fox grapevines, saying they were seedless and table grapes.

Wikipedia called it best, "Champanel Vine is an excellent choice for graft wood. I add to that...you can only expect a wild Muscadine experience with what ever they gave me in the name of "Champanel Vine."

Product or Service Mentioned: Willis Orchard Company Grapevine Plant.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Willis Orchard Company Pros: Availability, Web-site and selection, Quick delivery.

Willis Orchard Company Cons: Falsely advertised.

Comments