Last year I purchased three trees from Willis. They arrived in a timely manner but after planting two of them took a really long time to start budding out (June from a March planting). The other never did. I contacted Willis and they told me to do a heavy pruning. There was no effect and by August all of the bark was gray and the twigs brittle. I contacted them again and they said they would issue a "store credit". What this means is that they will give me my $16.95 back for the tree but I have to pay the full minimum shipping amount which at the time was $17.50. They took no responsibility for the failure. I even offered to pay actual shipping (about $4.50 according to THEIR shipping calculator) but they refused.

I spoke to Willis several times about the problem and the last thing I heard was that the rep promised to "talk to Mr. Willis on Monday and call back". That was last September.

They have low prices but, as you can see from many other reviews, you'll end up paying about the same as better quality companies when you factor in failures plus the headaches of dealing with people who really don't care.

Review about: Willis Orchard Company Tree.

Comments

Austin, Texas, United States #868940

Maybe you should have just "eaten" the cost of the dead tree. So what trees did you buy, and which one died?

Were these trees appropriate for your climate zone? I won't ask whether you planted them all properly or cared for them properly -- my 50+ years' experience tells me that sometimes plants just die, and you should be be prepared to deal with that.

I am posting because I am about to buy several jujube trees from this vendor for planting in Texas Zone 9, which is supposed to be a highly appropriate climate area for this particular cultivar -- but I'm going to be spending a lot more than about a dollar three fifty on my trees and I am concerned about the initial delivery health of the trees.