Willis Orchard Company - Sold me 2- five year old trees with roots cut off

I ordered 7 low chill friut bushes and tree's, from Willis Orchards, I chose them because of their friendly quarntee.One 5 year old Pomegranate tree arrived with almost all roots cut to 2 to 4 inches, I took pictures and planted in potting soil.

I contaced Willis personnell they were very cooppertive and through several emails were very confident in them. Tree died no matter what I did, even pruned back tree to 2 feet tall hoping it would survive. It didn't but due to Willis personnell felt confident in them I ordered a up graded Pomegranate tree and Nectarine tree. Pomergranate was in excellent condition, Nectarine had roots cut off including tap root.

Wrote Jason Willis and attached picture of roots ,no response. Now 5 foot tree 20 inches high all limbs cut off has 12 leaves. Wrote Jason Willis again got no responnse told him I would not be seeking a replacement. I also left out second order cost 17.50 more in shipping fee's, which I would have to pay again if I ordered another nectarine tree .

This compny has great personnell office people but owner and working employee who ready's tree to be shippeed not knowledgeable Company not ready for internet sales.order numbers 100709001241, 101165210728

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 09, 2012 #477653

Up date from pervious experience on willis orchard, the nectarine is now growing has about 40 leaves and 2 to 4 inches branch's growing from middle of tree about 20 inches from ground. I had to keep cutting back main stalk until fresh leaves would grow. Never heard anything from Willis 0rchard but not surpised. However, I should have waited Home Depot now has low chill fruit trees at better price's than Willis and they are growing in 3 gallon buckets

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.